In January of this year, I expanded the scope of the Monthly Content Prompts packages to cover several months ahead vs. focusing on just one month at a time. My goal in doing so was to make it a better content planning resource for your business.
The March, April, and May food themes are ready to download and the new Content Prompts guide I’m working on covers a 90 day view of what’s ahead (plus plenty of ideas to help you Monetize these themes).
Here’s a quick look at a few upcoming themes or trends you can cover…
9 “Foodie” Things to Write About in the Next 90 Days:
- Food Gardening. Spring is almost here and your readers are itching to get their hands in some dirt. The trend toward growing and preserving your own food is expected to grow as food prices continue to rise. Plus, April is National Garden Month and May includes National Herb Week. There are tons of opportunities to Monetize this theme with gardening equipment, courses, books, etc…
- Earth Day. (April 22) Ideas to consider include the zero waste food trend, composting, organic gardening, and sustainable food sources.
- Cinco de Mayo. Lots of fun topics surrounding the history behind Cinco de Mayo and your favorite recipes that fit the theme. The brand new Beef Enchilada and Frozen Strawberry Margarita recipes I’m working on this week fit this theme (and several others).
- The Holidays. (yikes!) Due to the pandemic, holiday pinning started in April last year. I have a feeling it won’t be as early this year, but by July you’ll want to have your holiday-themed content ready to roll.
- Mother’s Day – Start pulling together your favorite breakfast/brunch recipes and ideas and creating/updating an annual holiday gift guide for the occasion to Monetize.
- Eggs. May is National Egg Month and National Eggs Benedict Day is in April. It’s hard to think of a more versatile food item than the humble egg. The possibilities for round-up style posts are plentiful, including baking/desserts, salads, Keto/Low Carb, breakfast/brunch, and different ways to prepare.
- Summer Food Themes. (Northern Hemisphere) Picnics, grilling, cold or frozen beverages, ice cream treats, and BBQ are a few topics you can dig into over the weeks and months ahead.
- Mediterranean Diet. May is National Mediterranean Diet Month, so this is the perfect time to talk about the history and philosophy behind this popular way of eating, as well as your personal success stories if you follow it yourself. As always, share your favorite recipes that fit this theme.
- Dairy. June is National Dairy Month and there are tons of daily food themes throughout the next 90 days covering everything from vanilla milkshakes to cheese fondue to ice cream sodas. If it fits your niche, this is a great time to talk about dairy allergies and sensitivities, as well as recommended alternatives and substitutions.
I go into more detail (including Monetization) on these and other themes and trends in each new Content Prompts package.
If you’d like more information regarding what is included in each package, you can check it out here: